What details matter when checking face shape?
Добавлено: Пн сен 28, 2026 10:19 pm
I am choosing a new profile photo and noticed that my face looks noticeably different across pictures taken on the same day. In a close selfie it looks longer, while a portrait taken from farther away gives me another impression entirely. I realize lighting can affect the outline, but I would like to compare the pictures without overinterpreting one frame. I first came across discussions of skin tone analysis and that reminded me how much camera conditions can affect appearance judgments. I am now trying to look at face proportions as a separate issue. I could take a few neutral photos and note whether the forehead, cheekbones and jaw look consistent across them. Checking the overall outline could make the comparison easier, but I do not expect one result to settle which photo is best. Have you found that stepping back makes these comparisons more reliable? I am curious if a relaxed expression is better than a posed smile when checking the outline. I would like a practical way to compare before picking a picture to use.